more roses?




why yes of course! Roses are so hot! Here's the second set of those roses I mentioned in a previous post. I like zooming into film photos to see all that grain...makes me happy...so I shared one here.
It's been few months more than a year now since we moved from LA to NY. That makes me think of many things, for instance one whole cycle of seasons that I never experienced before. As much as I am dreading the 90+ temperatures, insane humidity and sweaty city in July, it has been good to be part of season changes and experience how much our lifestyle, moods, work modes changes with the state of the leaves on the trees. I have also been thinking of last summer at Saipua and the peonies and dahlias that invaded my life and all that beauty I partook in.
The flowers and those months spent with them also shows up a lot when I think of my work as a whole. I have dabbled in some range of design tangents over the years and as I plan to spend a year on thesis I worry about my focus and where I want to be after school and how that has to dictate thesis. Ah well...I hope the weekend away from the city, home and school will be just the breath of fresh air I need.
ps. I've also been updating the portfolio and adding new work including this glacier visualization that I intend to add more data to.
More more moooore. I smelled a rose at the Botanic Gardens last week whose scent was identical to the flavor of lychee fruits. Blew my mind. It's called Frédéric Mistral (roses always seem to have either the BEST names or the WORST, like Senior Prom hahaha!)
ReplyDelete