Monday, June 27, 2011

dip



I was going to post this set of Swan photos and then I felt much more like this...don't you? This past weekend we checked out the High Line extension and it was beautiful...wildflower shrubbery in pinks and purples and golden yellows...stunning summer display! I will be spending a great deal of July working at an internship so close to the High Line and I am hoping to climb up for a stroll or a breather in the evening when I get done. Maybe it will be mellower on weeknights than it was on Saturday.

Other highlights from the weekend include finding a great pair of shorts (just in time!), finally checking out Ground Support which serves Intelligentsia coffee and has a nice space with lots of light and a pretty tree to sit under. We also witnessed the Pride Parade and it felt so good to be in NYC during this historic moment. After the parade, it was time for some spicy Indian snacks at the Thelewala.

Also, I registered for a weaving class at the Textile Arts Center and I am so looking forward to it.

Hope your summer is full of Saturdays spent chilling in the grass, drinking iced coffee, dipping toes in cool water...

(photo from a day trip to a lake in Catskills some weekends ago...taken right before I jumped in for a swim)

1 comment: