Wednesday, December 1, 2010

LA+NY






I didn't get anywhere close to finishing the several rolls of film I'd promised myself for LA but it might be because I was having too much fun. Visiting LA for the first time after being in NY certainly made me love it more in some ways and be thankful for NY in others. I sure miss the sunshine! LA often gets picked on for not being cool enough but over the years of living there we dug up the many many little things that make LA so amazing. It's almost as if it doesn't ask too much of you since it's such an underdog but there's good stuff waiting to be found. NY is so so demanding but the excitement, energy and creative presence here is unlike any other. For now, I sure am glad I get to be here and create and meet so many amazing creative people!

And I should tell you some of my all time LA food favorites, a few of which I got to visit on this trip but the rest too I've been meaning to share for a while now.

- the most amazing spicy thai food goodness at Palms Thai
- the usual avocado sandwich and pie at Trails Cafe and a stroll in Griffith Park afterwards
- more late night thai food at Sanamluang
- the sweetest couple serving the best Chinese food in LA at Hunan Cafe
- fruit and nut loaf at La Brea Bakery
- fresh blueberry waffles at Wild Oats
- cheap and relatively healthy burgers at the Carney's train on Sunset blvd
- Mee Goreng noodles and veggie curry at Singapore's banana leaf
- lychee peach iced tea with lychee jelly at the tea place in the Farmer's Market on Fairfax

and that's all for now because this is making me very very hungry!

(It's raining something wild today...the windows seem to be struggling to stay up against all that wind.)

5 comments:

  1. this really makes me want to go to LA! i haven't been for about 7 years...
    i'm going to save your recommendations for next time i go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mee Goreng @ Singapore's Banana Leaf is my favorite! Next time, you should visit the brand new paper or plastik cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you look wonderfull ! Thanks for the nice LA-adresses, if I ever go there I will use your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Mee Goreng noodles at Singapore's Banana Leaf is also one of my favourite dishes in LA. I went through am extended period where I wanted to eat it at least twice a week. The texture, taste and amount of spice is addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking this opportunity to discuss this, I feel fervently about this and I like learning about this subject. If possible, as you gain information, please update this blog with more information. I have found it really useful.

    ReplyDelete