more CA






I thought I'd share some more photos from the roll of slide film I shot for From Orchards, Fields and Gardens book. We took a mini road trip up north from Los Angeles and visited some farms. The agricultural landscape all along California sort of fascinates me. We found a beautiful orange orchard tucked in the hills near the coast and a drive up along narrow roads. The orchard was 'guarded' by a huge Pyrenian Mountain Dog (I think?) who startled me at first by sneaking up right behind me. He turned out to be so sweet and was impossible to photograph alone because he wanted to be petted constantly and would keep coming up close to us. The photos above are from pitstops all along the drive. The horses made me so happy!
We took this mini road trip just a week before we flew east. I think it was a nice goodbye to beautiful California.
wow, this is really fascinating. makes me want to buy the book!
ReplyDeletethe book has one photo that I posted in the post before this one...but all the other work in the book by other artists is even more amazing!
ReplyDeletewow stunning.
ReplyDeletethis looks like it was a magical trip. so pretty.
ReplyDelete