Monday, June 1, 2009

block printing scarf




I spent all of Friday evening block printing a 25"x60" linen scarf. I was inspired by Lena's book and by Hikaru's printing. My block was rather small so it took me a while to print that much fabric. And it broke a couple of times during the process but didn't break any of the shapes. I want to try printing next on a lighter cotton material and also different colors. I do really enjoy hand printing so much and I can't wait to experiment more!

15 comments:

  1. Wow that is so beautiful! You are so talente!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Block printing textiles is SO on my list of things to do this summer!
    excellent

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your pattern + color choice. i know it's a scarf, but it looks like it would be a cool runner (in the second photo).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hot pink; this turned out really well! I can also imagine it in bright light aqua.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice...i'm not much of a pink fan, but that came out great...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks pretty, Nidhi! Love the pink color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you've had a lot of success with that one! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this sweet nidhi. so beautiful...i definitely want a lesson // xo

    ReplyDelete