Thursday, September 1, 2011

oh Tulum!
















It's been a while, I know. Most of August was spent teaching Code to the incoming students in my program in a intense 3 week long Bootcamp. I barely slept during those 3 weeks but it was an amazing experience for many reasons. The day after the teaching ended, we flew out to Tulum, Mexico for a short 3 day trip. I cannot explain in words how beautiful Tulum was for me. I really wish we were there for longer than 3 days and I hope to go back soon. And then so much has happened this week since school started.

The blue waters in Tulum, rainy night with live flamenco music on the beach, bike rides along the water, fresh food, nice people, white sand, orange and blue hammocks outside our cottage with the beach right there, the thatched roof where we stayed and the mosquito net above our bed, delicious frappes at the roadside shack, hot pink bougainvillea, mango margaritas, shrimp tacos, swimming in the cenotes, sleeping to the sound of waves...it all seems so surreal right now. My head is in the clouds this week as I try to figure out thesis, classes, while planning for the long weekend.

6 comments:

  1. i have never heard of Tulum before--it looks positively lovely! :) congrats on your teaching position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The aerial view is breathtaking, it is an astonishing shot you've got. The place looks very peaceful, that would be a good vacation for me if I was there. By the way I also like your photos, they are clean and the quality is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mexican holiday looks and sounds pretty dreamy. Happy Birthday! I also got to see some flamenco dancers on my birthday (which I spent in SF.) Good luck with your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like an amazing trip! Never been to Mexico but it's on top of my list now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the perfect antidote to the winter that awaits us. lovely, lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete