Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year







The last few days of '10 and the first couple of '11 have been fantastic and I am ready to roll into a new year full of confetti, colors and shiny things. Friday night we watched Sofia Coppola's Somewhere which was every bit as beautiful as I hoped it would be - so sunny, so mellow, so familiar, so LA! New Year's eve was low-key and spent at home with good company.

The road trip along the CA coast was one of my favorite trips ever and the best way to say goodbye to CA (for now). This was followed by another mini road trip to take photos for Kerstin's book which I am so so honored to be a part of. One of the first things that happened shortly after moving to NY was meeting Sarah at Saipua and several other amazing girls. Saipua fills me with inspiration constantly so it was nice to be a part of it. It was so amazing to meet Lena and take photos for Brooklyn Diary... that book makes my day every time I look at it. Grad school has made me experience a range of emotions which must mean I am learning a lot!

As is the case with every year, we spent a lot of time together exploring the city, eating at new places, talking, traveling, watching Woody Allen movies, watching Almodovar movies again and Kurosawa films that we hadn't watched yet...and it was perfect hanging out, just the two of us. And we got to share some of the eating and drinking with some really good friends, from near and far.

And so, with this mushy-sappy post, I wish you all a Happy New Year. Thank you for visiting this little blog of mine!

3 comments:

  1. oh, so lovely pictures. happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pic #2 and #5, so good. i know i'm coming late to this post, but since the snow is still all over the ground it doesn't feel that long ago!

    ReplyDelete