I recently did some illustrations for an article in the September issue of Vogue India. And this is one of them. I will post more once I get a copy of the issue.
On a similar note, one of the photoshoots in the August issue of Vogue India has sparked quite a controversy. The idea is unsettling to me as well since so many hard working people in India don't even earn an annual income anywhere near the cost of some of those luxury bags. I understand the idea of finding beauty in unlikely places but I think we should draw the line somewhere.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wow congrats on being published!
ReplyDeletehow exciting!
congrats Nidhi, that's got to be a good one for the portfolio!
ReplyDeleteI left a comment on how I felt about the photoshoot contraversy, but I did something wrong and lost it I think. To sum up: it's bad taste that they chose to compare poor people and overpriced luxury items, but along with devaluing the people they actually devalue the expensive brand because a $1,000 Chanel bag might seem as important as a $10 bag some dude on the corner might have made if you were never taught that a brand like that "deserves" to be revered. And if they were going to use non-professionals as models they should at least note their names because they're pictured as themselves.
c o n g r a t s
ReplyDeletenice feather in cap.
Kalli, I know what you mean.It bugs me they can shrug off their social responsibility so quickly just because they are in fashion. Naming the models could have helped a bit.
ReplyDeletenidhi!! that is fantastic, VOGUE!
ReplyDeletecongratulations on that
hey, hey, hey,
ReplyDeleteit's very nice meeting the other night!
thank you for stopping by!
i'm glad that we finally met!! yahhhh!
hope to see you soon!
xoxo,
ah-yi